Miovision leverages video-analytics technology for the collection and reporting of accurate, reliable data for five different traffic data types. Traffic data you acquire in-field using the Scout video collection unit or request from Traffic Data On Demand is downloadable in various industry-standard formats such as:
Traffic Data Types:
- Intersection Count: Capture vehicle turning movements at an intersections, during peak and off-peak hours.
- Road and Highway Volume Data: Collect vehicle volume data for any road segment or expressway with lane separation.
- Vehicle Gap Data: Measure single and combined gaps with sub-second accuracy.
- Roundabout Count: Collect data for large and/or occluded roundabouts with up to five legs.
- License Plate Data: Capture and timestamp all license plates passing a location.
Miovision Traffic Data Types can be processed with Classification and Pedestrian options included. Miovision’s classes group classes from the FHWA Classification Scheme into Bikes, Cars, Medium Trucks, and Heavy Trucks. There are also advanced classification options to separate pedal and motor bikes, and separate buses by type.
Traffic data reports are accessed from the Miovision Platform. Traffic video for each report is available for auditing purposes, should you need to validate traffic anomalies, or conduct qualitative traffic analysis.For further reporting flexibility, you can classify traffic type by pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles, passenger cars, buses/transit vehicles, and truck size. Each report is time-stamped for detailed historical reference.
By automating the traffic data collection process, Miovision provides you with a convenient and non-intrusive method for obtaining highly accurate traffic data (95%+ rating) at a lower cost and time commitment than traditional manual options.