Making Streets safer for all citizens today by identifying risks and surfacing actionable data.
Lack of Actionable Safety Data
Many traffic safety programs focus on road design, physical infrastructure, and signage. While these tactics do improve safety, they are generally capital projects – which are slow and expensive to roll out – and don’t produce data to help cities identify safety hazards.
Identifying Safety Risks
Identifying unsafe intersections is only useful if you can identify the underlying hazards. You need to look at compliance hazards – such as red light running and jaywalking – and use data to shine a light on why there are road dangers. These insights help cities know where to look and how to make a change to improve safety.
Protecting Vulnerable Citizens on the Road
When you’re creating plans to make streets safer for cyclists and pedestrians, it’s important to understand the role technology can play. Without access to bicycle or pedestrian counts, or data to support safety surrogate measures, it’s difficult for cities to successfully measure and justify the engineering designs that solve traffic safety challenges.
Measuring Impact of Counter Measures
Safer streets need to be measurably safer. Identifying risks and hazards is only half the challenge. Traffic solutions should provide rich insight, backed by data, that enables cities to improve safety in ways that can be easily measured and repeated across the entire traffic network.
Elements of a Safer Street System
Miovision solutions help solve 10x more traffic problems in a fraction of the time it takes other vendors to solve the same problems. Empower your traffic teams and give your citizens the traffic network they deserve.
- Intersection compliance metrics for traffic teams
- Identify risky pedestrian and driver behavior patterns rather than relying on historical crash data
- Know which intersections could benefit the most from safety countermeasures
- Measure the impact of safety solutions in days rather than waiting years for crash data
- Monitor and manage your signals remotely
- Access data collected from the intersection securely in the cloud
- Protect your investment and address future needs with technology that works with existing controllers
- Integrate securely with your existing IT network
- A new way to manage your signals
- Receive automatic alerts when issues arise, and assign them to the right people
- Address alerts such as “Signal in Flash” and “Power Loss” quickly return the signal to a safe and efficient state as soon as possible.
- A fresh perspective on multi-modal detection
- “See” the intersection with detection that’s sharp and accurate
- Maintain complete views of your intersection with one SmartView 360 camera
- Unlock future- proofing at the intersection with reliable detection
- Portable and permanent traffic data collection
- Rely on data your traffic teams can trust
- Keep your field teams safe with non-intrusive traffic data collection
- Get started in minutes with data collection solutions that are simple to set up and stand up against wear and tear
“We started with the goal of improving how we monitor our traffic signals, and now we’re working with Miovision to explore how to improve safety for pedestrians and help first responders get to emergencies more quickly.”
Mark de la Vergne, Chief of Mobility Innovation, Detroit